Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jake's Outer Space Room

Jake already had an outer space themed room, but I thought that while I was painting, I would update his to look a little older. His room already had the chair rail molding, but I added vertical molding underneath for more detail. Then I painted under the chair rail white and above it a navy blue that matched his window treatments that I already had.

He choose this cool picture of the Space Station that we had printed out and put in this cool frame. I painted large white boxes and added picture frame molding around it to "frame" the artwork. I think it fills the wall space well and the artwork had more of an impact with the white borders.

All of the boys had the IKEA picture hanger that we use to display their artwork and treasures!
Jake had this corner bookcase in his room and I used the leftover gray paint from Nicholas's room to paint the back of the bookcase. I think it makes more of an impact with the two colors. It's also a great place for Jake's trophies and Lego pieces. The framed needlework was a gift from a friend when Jake was born. It's a very awesome piece that was handmade especially for him!





No comments: