Monday, April 14, 2008

The Bramhalls go Green!


So Rob has been driving his gas guzzling Acura for awhile now and the thing finally has finally started showing it's age (15 years and 215K miles!). So we started looking at new cars.


Well first we had the discussion about what kind of car are we getting. I wanted something fuel efficient and practical... like a hybrid! Rob wanted a BMW convertible. Trying to find middle ground between those two types of cars was impossible. So as usual, we just did what I wanted ;) Rob realized that with his commute (80 miles a day) it made more sense to get the hybrid.


Rob and I have NEVER bought a new car off the lot so it was amazing to us to start talking with sales people and realize just how much buying a new car sucks. I absolutely hate doing it. The salesmen will tell you anything about a car just to try and get you to buy it then and there. And it was next to impossible to find anyone who knew anything about hybrids. So Rob and I had to do a lot of research online. Well we were really close to buying the Honda Civic, but Rob decided he liked the Prius better, so we got that instead.


The Prius is so fun to drive and the technology in it is amazing. Of course, I'm very glad to be driving a hybrid car as I am the one in the family who worries about recycling, buying organic and reusing old things in new ways! But I am doing a good job brainwashing the rest of our family! Just ask Jake why we recycle, "Because if you don't the Earth will be covered in trash!" Even Rob loves his new Prius, on vacation he actually said he missed my his new car. When we brought the car home, my dad just shook his head and said, "I never thought Rob would be the first person I know to buy a hybrid!"
While we love being "green" we decided to be slightly more understated than the other ecofriendly drivers and leave the actual green colored car behind. Instead we opted for the magnetic grey!

No comments: